Looking for a delicious treat to enjoy? Missing summer and lounging at the beach? Bring the tropics to you with a delicious tropical fruit pie!
Tropical Fruit Pie
- 1 cup pecans, soaked
- 4-5 medjool dates, soaked
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
1. Peel (optional) and pit your dates and place them in a food processor.
2. Drain the pecans and add them to the processor.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until chunky. Do not over process or it will become too mushy!
4. Reserve a couple tablespoons of the mixture for a crumble topping, if you’d like.
5. Dump the remaining contents into a tart dish (I used two small dishes) and press down until evenly covering the bottom and the sides.
6. Place in the fridge while you work on the remaining ingredients.
- 1/2 very ripe papaya
- 1/2 very ripe mango
- 1 T coconut shreds
7. Scoop out the flesh of the papaya and process in the food processor until very smooth.
8. Scoop out and fill your tart dishes.
9. Next, peel your mango and scoop out the meat.
10. Finely chop the mango as small as you’d like.
11. Scoop the mixture and place on top of the papaya.
12. Sprinkle with coconut shreds.
13. Using your fingers, crumble the reserved crust mixture over the top.